The Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) Instructor
Venesco LLC – Anniston, Alabama
Venesco, LLC is looking for an experienced CDP Instructor to work at The Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) in Anniston, Alabama.
The Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) is a federal entity (a component of the Department of Homeland Security). The CDP is a national training facility that prepares state and local emergency response personnel to respond to all hazards, including terrorist attacks using weapons of mass destruction, by providing advanced, hands-on training. This national training program was developed for state, local, tribal, Federal, private sector and international responders from Fire Service, Law Enforcement, Emergency Medical Services, Emergency Management, Hazardous Materials (HazMat), Public Health, Healthcare, Public Communications, Public Works and Government Administrative and other emergency response personnel, their trainers and supervisors. Training classes delivered by the CDP provide specific knowledge and expertise for deterrence, prevention and response to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE) incidents; mass casualty incidents; and incidents involving hazardous materials by providing advanced, hands-on and classroom-based state-of-the-art training.
- Deliver classes in CDP-sponsored training venues. Training delivery may include a combination of resident training, nonresident training (mobile) training, indirect (train-the-trainer) and academy training, and distributive learning.
- Deliver all training in accordance with the approved course curriculum (including course objectives, course materials, instructor/student ratios, evaluation, and evaluation methods)
- Assist in the development, revision, and routine maintenance of curriculum.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in one of the following areas: CBRNE, Public Health, Emergency Medical Operations, or Healthcare
- 3+ years of instructional experience
- 10+ years of experience working within one of the emergency response disciplines that support all-hazard incident response: law enforcement, fire service, emergency management, emergency medical service, hazardous materials, Governmental administrative, healthcare, public health, public safety communication, public works, agriculture, education, citizen/community volunteer, information technology, security and safety, search and rescue, and transportation. Comparable military experience or federal/private sector experience may be acceptable.
- Must have all-hazards experience with man-made, natural disasters, or CBRNE – required in one or more of these areas: international, federal, state or local disaster response and disaster relief, natural disaster management, CBRNE incident response and management, agroterrorism events, Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) response, hospital emergency operation, or incident command.
- Completion of IS 100/200/700/800 is required; ICS 300/400 is desirable.
- Experience with National Incident Management System (NIMS), Hospital Incident Command System (HICS), the National Response Framework (NRF) and Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) are desirable.
Full Time, Part Time, and/or Consultants Needed
- Instructional experience: 3+ years
- Emergency response experience: 10+ years
- Must have completed minimum 32-hour course in instructional training/education from a reputable institution
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at email@example.com.