Venesco has an opening for a mission critical NASA HITSS Senior Project Manager at NASA HQ in Washington, DC.
The candidate for the Senior Technical Project Manager will perform the following duties:
- Leading and managing project teams to deliver professional services projects for our Federal client.
- Collaborate with senior leaders, senior technical leaders, system engineers, and fellow program managers to help develop a strategic vision and goal for the portfolio of IT projects.
- Partners with stakeholders to define project objectives, scope, and schedule. Establishes project plan through milestones, level of effort, and success criteria.
- Communicate program successes and issues to reflect performance as compared to the program baseline and performance standards.
- Leads the development, implementation, and execution of multiple project plans; ensures scope and schedule are established and met; defines project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks in order to effectively and efficiently deliver projects according to plan.
- Planning, executing and finalizing solutions related to new and existing products, modules and services.
- Builds and maintains milestone-based project road maps.
- Takes project from original concept through final implementation.
- Leads project meetings, activities, tasks, and manages technical project team members to ensure project objectives are achieved within prescribed time frame. Partners with technical leads to assess project risks and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction levels.
- Demonstrates an ability to understand and effectively communicate business and technical objectives and issues as they relate to project.
- Identifies risks and takes steps to provide effective mitigation.
- Manages the client relationship throughout the duration of the project.
- Responsible for project planning, developing requirements documents, scheduling, developing technical product specifications, and actively engaging other members of the Technology team.
- Recommendschanges to the project (utilizing the project’s Change Control process) consistent with achieving broader goals.
- Establishes and enforces the use of the project’s Communication Plan
- Manages the SOPs including but not limited to:Evaluating the SOP on a periodic basis
Updating or retiring the SOP as the need for it changes
Schedule dates for the SOP reviews in advance
- Evaluates the effect of alternative or corrective actions on the operating program under consideration, or inter-related programs, and on the overall utilization of resources.
- Develop and implement plans in cooperation with development and infrastructure teams ensuring that key features are tested and that projects certified to be ready for production; are in fact ready for production. Work closely with infrastructure team members; leading them to a successful project deliverable by working together on project features and prioritization of change requests.
Provide weekly updates to management on the status of open projects
Prepares presentations, Analysis of Alternatives, Product evaluations and white papers that are presented to the NASA HQ Project Management Review Board
- BS/BA or equivalent years of experience
- 15+ years equivalent work in this area
- PMP Certified
- Have or be able to acquire their ITIL v4 certification within 90 days of onboarding
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Knowledge of Eng and Operations Environments
To Apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.