Venesco provides information technology support services at NASA Headquarters in Washington, DC. We are looking for a Senior Technical Communications Writer to support our contract, focusing on technical writing, communications, and editorial skills for NASA Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) Portfolios to include but not limited to the Cybersecurity Improvements Portfolio (CIP). This role will author technical communication documents and briefings as part of the core portfolio team supporting the projects and initiatives implemented to achieve the requirements of Executive Order 14028, related Office of Management and Budget (OMB) memorandums, and other NASA OCIO cybersecurity improvements.
In this position, you will join an existing team of professionals committed to supporting NASA’s missions and the success of the team, exceeding expectations, adding value for taxpayers, and actively engaging in continuous learning. This position requires a Public Trust Clearance. This is a remote position that may require occasional travel to NASA Centers.
- Establish a multimodal communications and outreach strategy for OCIO portfolios
- Engage Customer and Business Relationship Managers on OCIO portfolio goals, objectives, and activities
- Create, author, and edit OCIO Portfolio communications to include briefing decks, memorandums, submissions to the OCIO, NASA, OMB, and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
- Preview stakeholder-facing artifacts from projects and initiatives under CIP purview.
- Edit and maintain an established CIP SharePoint presence.
- Facilitate virtual and in-person conferences, meetings, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent – Journalism/Marketing degree is a substantial plus (desired, not required)
- 5+ years in technical writing
- 5+ years in creative writing for public communication
- 5+ years in authoring and developing marketing materials
- 5+ years in SharePoint editor experience (administrator experience not necessary)
- 5+ years in creating basic web products
- 5+ years in script writing
- Ability to review and edit presentations to an executive level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience working in or with a federal government environment
- Project management experience (desired, not required)
- IT work experience (desired, not required)
- No certifications required
To Apply: Please send resume to email@example.com
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.