Venesco LLC is looking for an experienced Secretary II to work at The Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) in Dahlgren, Virginia. An Active TS/SCI clearance is preferred. In this role you will provide administrative and clerical support services at the Dahlgren, VA testing facility.
NSWCDD provides fleet support at Combat Direction Systems Activity at Dam Neck in Virginia Beach, VA. NSWCDD’s mission is to provide research, development, test and evaluation, analysis, systems engineering, integration and certification of complex naval warfare systems. Through the years, Dahlgren established itself as the major testing area for naval guns and ammunition. NSWCDD conducts basic research in all systems-related areas and pursues scientific disciplines including physics, mathematics, laser and computer technology, software, mechanical, electrical and systems engineering, and biotechnology and chemistry. As a premier naval scientific and engineering institution, Dahlgren technology is critical to new design concepts for current ships and for systems integration and interoperability for the U.S. Navy.
- Providing general administrative support in all facets of clerical administration.
- Proficiency with support functions for meetings, maintaining formal filing systems, scanning, faxing, answering phones and taking messages, managing a calendar, and scheduling appointments.
- Taking notes and converting into formal meeting minutes.
- Editing formal documentation and reformatting written and electronic draft documents in accordance with specified Government or business formats.
- Receiving and greeting visitors professionally.
- Handling and storage of classified or sensitive (i.e., Personally Identifiable Information (PII)) materials.
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies and ordering new supplies.
- 2 years of experience creating and maintaining documentation and data management systems.
- Experience providing general administrative support in all facets of clerical administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access), and Adobe.
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
- Able to type 40 words per minute.
- Demonstrated ability (through experience) to work independently and communicate effectively both orally and through formal reports.
- Demonstrated ability (through experience) to multi-task, perform, and communicate professionally, including professional phone etiquette.
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.