Venesco provides support services for NASA Headquarters in Washington, DC. We are looking for a Record Specialist to provide records management support to the Office of Strategic Infrastructure.
Support shall include, but not be limited to:
Compliance with NASA policies and NASA endorsed industry standards:
- Implement records management policies as identified in NPD 1440.6, NPR 1441.1E, NASA Records Retention Schedule.
- Complete as necessary for OSI and OSI Divisions various records management related forms including but not limited to, NHQ307 [HQ Organization File Plan], NHQ322 Records Inventory Box List, NHQ318 Authorization for Disposition of Records in Federal Records Center.
- Review OSI policy and guidance to ensure compliance with NASA Records Management policy and endorsed standards.
- Execute electronic artifact directory organization, metadata application or tagging in coordination with OSI Division Records Custodians.
- Coordinate Records management activities with OSI Records Liaison Officer [RLO].
Records Management briefings and reports:
- Develop, maintain, and provide status reports. Proactively provide recommendations on preemptive and corrective actions. Post updated reports to an identified electronic data storage system.
- Attend OSI staff/ All Hands meetings/ adhoc team/division meetings, teleconferences, technical interchange meetings, workshops, or face-to-face meetings to stay abreast of all activities effecting OSI records.
- Participation and possible presentation at nonrecurring and reoccurring meetings and teleconferences. Data retrieval may need to occur from multiple electronic locations.
Records Management Verification and Audits:
- Identify any record management related issues amongst divisions and personnel for policy/procedure issues including access, IT Security, and firewall issues.
- Ensure material is placed on the electronic data storage system(s) in a timely manner.
Records Management Guidance and Operating Procedures:
- Review Annually and revised OSI Records Management Guidance and Operating Procedures with the review and approval of OSI AA and Deputy AAs and post an identified electronic data storage system
Record Reporting, Archival, Disposition, Transfer, and Destruction:
- Prepare necessary NASA forms for the disposition, transfer and/or destruction of electronic artifacts in compliance with NPR 1441.1E in coordination with Division Records Custodians and OSI Records Liaison Officer.
- Perform archival of Team Channel per O365 Team Channel Archive and Closure procedures in coordination with Division Records Custodians and OSI Records Liaison Officer.
- Maintain Organization Records Inventory database in coordination with Division Records Custodians and OSI Records Liaison Officer.
- Develop and provide specialized training to Government or contract personnel regarding OSI Records Management products including, but not limited to, tools, methods, procedures, and techniques developed or implemented.
- Provide management and project personnel with expert advice, guidance and recommendations regarding agency records management policies and procedures.
- Review regular processes, methods and products to seek out areas of potential improvement. Develop process improvement implementation plans. Execute process improvements in coordination with OSI RLO and RCs. Conduct and review systematic quality checks of configuration and data management products.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of current records management policies.
Product quality checks
- Perform, review, and analyze regular health checks. Conduct an independent evaluation of the records management products and identify any areas that need improvement.
Consultation and support of specialty teams
- Provide consultation and records management process support to, new start-up activities, tiger teams, Kaizens and Lean Six Sigma initiatives.
- 7-10 years relevant experience
- BS/BA or Equivalent
- Must be proficient in data entry, general administrative skills, and communication
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs and O065 applications
- ISO9001 (desired)
- Six Sigma (desired)
- NASA Experience preferred
To Apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.