Venesco LLC has several openings for Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC) Child and Youth Behavioral and Adult Counselors to support Fort Leonard Wood.
The primary responsibility of this position is providing a full scope of Child and Youth Behavioral Health (CYB) services to children dependents of military service members and their families at military installations throughout the U.S. These services include non-medical counseling, training, and health and wellness presentations, consultation with parents, personnel at child daycare centers and schools, and consultation the installation command staff regarding behavioral issues affecting children and youth. CYB counselors are assigned to DoDEA schools, and some cases local community schools and need to have experience working in a school setting to qualify for CYB positions. CYB counselors are also assigned to youth programs, summer camps, and for on demand assignments. CYB counselors are responsible for working closely with military branch Points of Contact (POCs) to assure that the program is provided within the scope of the contract and meets the needs of assigned installation.
- A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions ( MS/MSW/MA)
- Minimum 2 years of post-master’s supervised clinical experience
- Licensure at the independent practice level (LCSW, LMFT, LPC LCPC, LMHC)
- School Counselors must demonstrate past experience working in a school setting or other Child/Youth Services setting.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a NACI level government security clearance
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with the military culture
- Additionally: Consideration will be given to applicants meeting the education and experience requirements above who are license eligible and requiring clinical supervision toward licensure.
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible
Clearance Level Required: NACI
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
12 and 9 month positions available.