Venesco provides information technology support services at NASA Headquarters in Washington, DC. We are looking for an IT Project Manager with communications experience to support our contract focusing on project analysis and project portfolio communications for NASA Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) Portfolios to include but not limited to the Cybersecurity Improvements Portfolio (CIP). This role will lead analysis on dependencies and points of integration for subordinate programs and projects within the portfolio and will also author technical communication documents and briefings as part of the core portfolio team supporting the projects and initiatives implemented to achieve the requirements of Executive Order 14028, related Office of Management and Budget (OMB) memorandums, and other NASA OCIO cybersecurity improvements.
In this position, you will join an existing team of professionals committed to supporting NASA’s missions and the success of the team, exceeding expectations, adding value for taxpayers, and actively engaging in continuous learning. This position requires a Public Trust Clearance. This is a remote position that may require occasional travel to NASA Centers.
- Evaluate and analyze targeted projects and initiatives within the CIP to determine internal and external dependencies for documentation and inclusion in the portfolio integrated master schedule.
- Establish a multimodal communications and outreach strategy for OCIO portfolios and create senior level briefing decks, memorandums, submissions to the OCIO, NASA, OMB, and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
- Create, author, and edit OCIO Portfolio communications to include briefing decks, memorandums, submissions to the OCIO, NASA, OMB, and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent – a degree in IT, Cybersecurity, or Journalism is a substantial plus (desired, not required)
- 10+ years in IT project management
- 5+ years in Microsoft Project (experience with Microsoft Project Web App is a strong plus)
- 5+ years in technical writing
- Familiarity with PMI project phases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience working in or with a federal government environment
- Experience working in SharePoint (desired, not required)
- Experience working in cybersecurity (desired, not required)
- Experience working with NASA is a strong plus (desired, not required)
- Experience in creative writing for public communication is a strong plus (desired not required)
- Experience in creating basic web products and authoring/developing marketing materials is a strong plus (desired, not required)
- PMP (desired, not required)
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.