Business Analyst / Agile SME / Scrum Master
Venesco is looking for a Business Analyst V / Agile SME / Scrum Master to support our contract at NASA Headquarters in Washington, DC. In this role you will aid in the design, build and implementation of modern solutions for National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Headquarters using wide array technologies.
You will join an existing team of professionals committed to exceeding expectations, supporting the success of the team, supporting the NASA missions, adding value for the taxpayer, and actively engaging in educating themselves.
This position will require a US Citizen with a Public Trust Clearance. This position will require you to be in the office 2-3 days a week once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Responsibilities for this position include but not limited to:
- Gather and evaluate information from multiple sources to identify user’s requirement
- Interpret business needs of customers and translating them into the application and operational requirement
- Define and document customer business functions and processes
- Assist Project Manager produce artifacts needed for 7120 stage gate
- Research and write Analysis of Alternatives
- Perform Scribe duties as needed across multiple projects
- Back up for IT Notices
- Daily and Weekly incident and survey reporting
- Work with Product Owner/Proxy Product Owner to ensure that sprint goals are met.
- Manage Product backlog and lead backlog grooming sessions
- Assist with removing impediments and escalate when needed
- Create agile team artifacts
- Trainer: Provide training to teams/Scrum Masters/Proxy Product Owners on agile processes
- Identify process issues and improve them
- Help Proxy Product Owners and Scrum Masters to write user stories
- Help teams on the estimating of the user stories and prepare them for the same
- Analyze, review, and document current functionality.
- Determine potential areas of improvement.
- Manage user permissions for tools according to the needs of projects and teams.
- Test new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility.
- Research and utilize industry standard methods and techniques.
- Maintain JIRA projects, workflows, and permissions
- Work with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and JIRA administration.
- Communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- BS/ BA or Equivalent
- 10 years of professional business analysis experience.
- SCRUM certification
- Must have demonstrated expertise in Agile Methodologies and one or more COTS tools including but not limited JIRA.
- Excellent communication skills with customers and within the team.
- Previous NASA experience preferred
To Apply: send resume to email@example.com
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.