Venesco, LLC is seeking a Senior Project Management team member to provide support within the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in Washington, D.C.
This is a remote embedded position within the Agency’s Enterprise Project Management Office and will support the Service Management Office and Application Portfolio Services Service Line through the project lifecycle of implementing an IT Service Management (ITSM) tool. This position manages a very large and complex service management project and requires high levels of functional integration and interaction across the OCIO Agency Level Offices, Service Lines, and Centers.
This position is currently 100% remote.
- Manage complex IT Service Management (ITSM) tool project from formulation through operations.
- Create and maintain a project schedule using Microsoft Project.
- Develop and maintain project artifacts in support of NPR 7120.7 requirements.
- Establish, maintain, assess, and report on program/project management performance metrics.
- Present to OCIO Senior Leadership at project gate reviews and on project status as required (e.g., System Engineering Reviews, Key Decision Point Reviews, and OCIO Budget & Integration Reviews).
- Report and track risks and issues related to project using OCIO SharePoint reporting tools.
- Serve as a backup on working groups where project input is required.
- Operate effectively within customer guidance, contractual limitations, and company business and policy directives.
- Facilitate communication between the Agency Level Offices (ALOs) (i.e., Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO), Service Management Office (SMO), Enterprise Business Management Office (EBMO)) and the Service Lines, (primarily the Application and Platform Services Service Line (APS)).
- Coordinate and conduct project/product team meetings to ensure all parties are in alignment with team priorities, issues, risks, schedules, and environmental factors through the life of the project.
- BA/BS in Business, IT, and Information Systems or equivalent
- PMP and/or PgMP Certification
- ITIL V3 or greater Certification
- 8+ years of program/project management
- 8+ years of experience working with standard project lifecycles (NPR 7120.7 lifecycle experience a plus)
- 8+ years of demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- 8+ years of demonstrated technical and business writing skills
- 8+ years of demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- 8+ years in Microsoft Project (experience with Microsoft Project Web App is a plus)
- 3+ years of demonstrated service management skills
- 3+ years in ServiceNow platform, specifically IT Service Management (ITSM)
- 3+ years of demonstrated change management skills (focus on process change)
- 3+ years of demonstrated requirements gathering and development
- 3+ years of experience with Agile Frameworks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience working in SharePoint (On-Premises and/or Online)
- Experience with AGILE SaFE
- ITIL V4 Certification
- Experience with performance management
- Experience with continual process improvement
- Experience as a relationship builder with a strong sense of urgency and follow up skills
- Experience working in or with a federal government environment (experience working with NASA is a strong plus)
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong problem identification/solving and conflict resolution skills
To Post: please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.