Title: Web Developer
Venesco is looking for a Web Developer to provide unparalleled support to our partner the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
The Web Developer’s primary responsibilities shall include Drupal development and
implementation and maintenance of websites using the Drupal Content Management System (CMS) and other web technology. This individual shall work closely with the website hosting and maintenance staff on technical issues; custom programming and web application development for Drupal; testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the websites. This individual shall be contributing ideas and efforts towards internal projects and working as part of a team to find solutions on various problems.
The candidate shall be involved in redeveloping existing sites or building new sites on the Drupal 9 or later framework.
• Developing custom Drupal modules.
• Performing backups of Drupal sites.
• Research emerging technologies to identify enhancements to the website visitor experience.
• Perform updates and bug fixes, and assist with routine maintenance of websites
• Participate in a variety of website development processes: analysis, planning, testing, development, maintenance.
The candidate shall maintain the websites in their existing Drupal (CMS) and ensure that the DEA staff has access and the capability to make content changes in the CMS. The individual shall also provide a staging page for review and approval of modifications made to each website by them and/or the CP staff. The Web Developer shall develop and maintain CP websites and supporting projects through such tasks as creating templates and other functionality within CMS; implementing graphic design, animation and other media created within DEA or by vendors; and working with the website hosting and maintenance staff to integrate other web technology.
The Web Developer’s education and experience must include but not be limited to the
• Three or more years of database experience including Drupal development, database development, coding, and maintenance.
• Two or more years of experience in web development including experience in browser compatibility testing across multiple operating systems.
• A minimum of two years of full stack web development experience and programming.
• Experience working in conjunction with other developers.
• Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing
• Proficient in Drupal, including site building, theming, and custom module development experience preferred.
Drupal Content Management System (CMS)
• Maintain CP’s Drupal Content Management System (CMS).
• Code, debug, test, demonstrate and implement all facets of the application.
• Works with the Office of Information Technology and webmasters of participating units to develop and vet new functionality as needed.
• Linux file management, Drupal server management Module programming, Site theming, Content type development
• jQuery programming and integration
• QA testing
• Provide a staging page for review and approval of modifications made by them
and/or the CP staff to any of the websites.
• Ensures that its entire staff has access and the capability to make content changes
in the CMS.
Web application design, programming, maintenance
• Create, re-design and update webpages as required. Such designs should be comparable to existing webpages to include a simplified navigation for ease of use; updated facts about the commonly abused drugs, including expanded information on current drug trends; multimedia and interactive features; and resources.
• Creates applications on time and efficiently using best practices.
• Maintains productive relationships with clients and other parties in projects.
• Effectively manages multiple projects.
• Thinks outside the box and applies creative methods when solving problems.
• Recommends improvement to the sites based on the target audiences, market
research of how internet users are accessing websites, and adaptability to various types of technology.
• Develop concepts for the overall design/redesign and structure of the sites.
• Develop responsive sites that are relative to the target audience, and adaptable to various types of technology (i.e. desktop computers, laptops, smart phones, tablets etc.)
• Incorporate social media applications such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube into the design and functionality of the websites.
• Incorporate web tools such as search engines and interactive surveys that are targeted for marketing the websites.
• Develop foreign language (i.e., Spanish), web pages as needed.
• Maintains hardware and software critical to the functionality of the websites.
• Stays abreast of new techniques and advances in web technology and adapts to new design tools and techniques.
• Proposes and tests new technologies for solving marketing and communication problems.
• Provides explanatory material and/or instruction in the use of new technologies.
Monitoring and Reporting
• Provide monthly and quarterly analytics on each site to include the number of visits, pages of content viewed, visits from search engine traffic, mobile visits, number of downloads for printed materials, and videos.
• Provide quarterly status reports for websites regarding hosting and maintenance.
• Logs and track time worked on each project for client reporting and billing purposes, as covered under contract agreements.
Specialized skills required:
• Experience with end-user requirements gathering, HTML/CSS/SASS, Drush, Apache configuration, MySQL administration, PHP programming
• Experience deploying standards-compliant and accessible websites with support for multiple browsers and platforms.
• Working with Drupal in a multi-site implementation
• Drupal custom module development (samples required), Theming for Drupal for pages, nodes, blocks, views
• Experience coding pixel-perfect responsive designs
• Strong experience with the Drupal API and common modules (Views, Webforms, Features)
• Knowledge of performance tuning / optimization tools such as Memcached, Varnish, etc.
• Experience with Git or other version control system
• jQuery development and integration experience is a plus.
• Graphics editing skills is a plus
• Familiarity with Smarty and PHP MyAdmin for MySQL management is a plus
• Proficiency in LAMP environment planning and management
• Demonstrates professional behavior in all relationships; actively listen to and address stakeholder concerns promptly.
• Works on multiple projects simultaneously
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and demonstrated technical competency.
Citizenship: United States
Clearance requirement: Must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at email@example.com.