Venesco LLC is currently seeking a Technical Editor III to join our team in support of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI) at Fort Detrick, MD. This position is currently virtual but will eventually be onsite at NCMI.
In this role you will support the editorial process and complete specific assignments provided by and under the guidance of the Production Manager and Senior Editor. The technical editor will assist with the introduction and maintenance of an electronic-based review process.
The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)/ National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI) prepares foundational baseline medical intelligence assessments on countries worldwide and produces intelligence products on infectious disease and health threats, pandemic warning, health hazards due to chemicals and radiation, military medical capabilities, medical science and technology developments, and medical countermeasures.
Performance Based Tasks Required for Technical Editor:
- Ensure finished products convey intended messages clearly, accurately, and succinctly reflecting technical SME level of understanding of the subject.
- Understand the context and use of various formatting and style standards relevant to support the Intelligence production process.
- Conduct technical editor reviews for all NCMI finished intelligence products to ensure consistency of expression, logical organization and development, readability, and conformity of grammar and style to publication standards.
- Coordinate changes with authors, providing editorial advice and guidance, and assist in verifying facts and content when necessary or directed.
- Establish an electronic review process/procedure for documents.
- Review documents to ensure the current classification regulation, guidance, and policy are properly followed.
- Support all editorial functions that support DIA/NCMI mission and ensure the published products are free of any security violations and conforms to DIA standards.
- Communicate complex, technical information effectively both orally and in writing.
- Provide a weekly status report detailing the work accomplished, issues encountered, and how issues were resolved.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Three years of experience as a technical publications editor.
- DIA or Intelligence experience highly preferred.
- Must hold or be eligible for Top Secret Clearance.
A key mission for NCMI is to provide intelligence analysis on health and medical issues related to foreign militaries and operating environments that delivers decision advantage to support military operations and decisively win wars. The NCMI Production Team is responsible for producing Finished Intelligence (FINTEL) reports in support of NCMI’s mission. FINTEL production includes Defense Intelligence Digest and Defense Intelligence products for the war fighter, DIA and DoD seniors, and national level customers.
Since its founding years, producing FINTEL has been a core component of the DIA’s mission. The NCMI Production Team produces FINTEL reports for various DoD and Intelligence Communities. The dynamic and ongoing production process includes planning, data collection, processing, analysis, production, and dissemination. The Production Team filters through raw intelligence data and documents, ensuring security concerns are addressed, and converts them into digestible, technically sound intelligence products. Policymakers, military commanders, and other consumers rely on the accuracy of FINTEL.
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at email@example.com.