Venesco LLC is looking for a SQL Server Database Engineer to join our growing team at the Department of Labor. This is a remote opportunity.
In this role you will install, configure and administer production and non-production SQL Server databases and Business Intelligence environments for multiple development teams across various agencies.
- Manage user access and security. Develop and support custom workflows to support customer business process.
- Deploy change requests and implement service desk tickets in production and non-production environments.
- Monitor and fine tune database performance.
- Support database backup and recovery.
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Expertise in upgrade/migration from SQL Server 2008, 2012 to SQL Server 2014 and SQL Server 2016.
- Strong experience in High Availability/Disaster Recovery (HADR) solutions; Failover Clusters and Always On Availability Groups, Replication, Log Shipping and Mirroring.
- Experience in Database Administration on Production and non-Production environments with Server Configuration, Performance Tuning and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities.
- Solid experience in Backup and Recovery, Query Optimization and Database Security. Experience in creating complicated SSIS, SSRS and SSAS Packages for various Reporting and Data needs.
- Ability to provide on call support during peak season and year end activities.
- Create and administer SharePoint site collections for multiple agencies.
- Experience in providing ColdFusion support for mission critical and high visibility applications, preferred.
To Apply: please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.