Venesco has an opening for a mission critical NASA HITSS IT Software Developer / Business Intelligence Analyst in a center of excellence environment at NASA HQ in Washington, DC.
This is a complex IT and professional services IDIQ task order contract at NASA Headquarters supporting the OCIO and its Information Technology and Communications Division. Stakeholders include ITCD staff and management, Mission Directorates of the OCIO, other NASA Centers, and other service providers such as the Agency’s strategic sourcing contractors which depend on services performed under this contract.
Highly skilled IT and service professionals support NASA in strategic planning to include identification of changes in the technical and business landscape, anticipation of potential risks, and smooth and timely mitigation of issues. Through support and collaboration, our team is respected as a ‘trusted business partner’.
- Participate in- depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
- Ensure these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and the clients enterprise architecture.
- Determine and identify high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture.
- Identify, assess, and present options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades.
- Interact with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction. Develops software design documents and technology white papers.
- Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams and for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Instruct, direct, and check the work of other task personnel.
- Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Prepare charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solution.
- Prepare program specifications and diagrams and develops coding logic flowcharts.
- Encodes, tests, debugs, and installs the operating programs and procedures in coordination with computer operations and user departments.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Experience with one or more tools/platforms including Visual C#, .NET, JAVA, ColdFusion.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in Agile Methodologies and Service Oriented Architecture. Experience with one or more COTS tools including but not limited to GIT, JIRA, Stash, Fisheye, Crucible, Confluence, Jenkins.
- Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- SCRUM Certification preferred
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.