We are seeking a senior level experienced Cloud (AWS) Engineer to join our team on the NASA HITSS IT contract at NASA HQ in Washington, DC. In this role you will help design, implement, and support our Infrastructure Engineering Team in an Enterprise Environment running Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Windows Server.
Candidate would be responsible for assisting with AWS Cloud Engineering efforts to define, and develop cloud solutions for our customers. The successful candidate must have strong AWS management, and technical analytical skills.
· Develop and implement cloud architecture by performing detailed infrastructure engineering design and providing technical recommendations for future infrastructure to meet NASA business requirements.
· Document appropriate technology business case analysis.
· Collaborate with Operations, Security, and Application Development teams on solutions design and implementation.
· Incorporate strong systems engineering principals to ensure the security, reliability, and scalability of infrastructure components for better operational performance.
· Participate in, and occasionally lead, cloud planning and design of new technologies and existing technology enhancement.
· Must have 10+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an enterprise data center or infrastructure environment.
· Must have 3+ years of AWS Engineering experience including hands on design and implementation of cloud based applications, patching and data protection in AWS, Systems Manager, etc.
· Experience with compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers), and developing/maintaining production-grade systems in virtualized/cloud environments.
· Must have a demonstrated detailed understanding of RedHat Linux operating systems architecture (version 6, 7 & 8) in a private or public cloud environment.
· Must have a demonstrated detailed understanding of VMware architecture and virtualized machines.
· Experience deploying infrastructure as a code using Ansible or CloudFormation.
· Must have a working knowledge of GitHub
· Must have AWS Certification – Certified Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator.
· Must be familiar with implementing procedures, methods, and tools, that comply with government Cyber Security Controls and requirements (NIST 800-53).
· Must be able to relate to a diverse group of people including technical and development personnel, management, business customers, and vendors in a constructive and effective manner.
· Must have a solid technical background coupled with desire and ability to grasp skills quickly, combined with deep attention to detail along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be extremely resourceful, organized, and a problem solver.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.