Venesco LLC is looking for an experienced Proposal Coordinator to work at our headquarters in Chantilly, VA.
The Proposal Coordinator oversees all proposal activities, including assisting the Capture Manager, monitoring proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outlines & compliance matrices, and monitoring the progress of proposals.
- Assist the Capture/Sales Team Leader in managing and directing all proposal efforts and personnel.
- Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies, themes and manage the development of a Proposal Management Plan.
- Direct the creation and review of a proposal outline that will be used as a key document design and control medium.
- Assist in analyzing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs.
- Build the proposal compliance matrix and track the fulfillment of all requirements.
- Review completed storyboards and proposal sections to ensure requirements are adequately addressed and that customer page limits are not exceeded.
- Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule.
- Develop a Pink Team (storyboard review) plan for the interim review and internal evaluation of the technical, management, and overall proposal approaches.
- Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts, as needed.
- Work with the Volume Leaders to ensure inter-volume compatibility is achieved.
- Develop a Red Team plan for the final review and internal evaluation of the proposal.
- Ensure that appropriate Red Team comments are incorporated into the final proposal.
- Direct the proposal development and production activities.
- Other reasonable and normal duties associated with the Proposal Coordinator position, as directed by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in creative / technical writing components or equivalent work experience.
- Specific proposal writing training is preferred (e.g., Shipley Associates).
- 3-5 years of proposal coordination and/or writing experience in response to Federal Government procurement solicitations including development and usage of win themes and strategies.
- Capable of reprioritizing efforts to meet dynamic workload and schedule shifts. Ability to manage multiple concurrent proposal efforts.
- Strong healthcare, medical research and development (R&D) and science and technology (S&T) background
- Strong knowledge in creating pricing templates using Microsoft Excel
- Knowledgeable in compliance checking and certifications against solicitation requirements
- Skilled in organization and thinking strategically to improve outcomes for proposals/volumes.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, problem-solving, and the capability to work independently, while guided by broad policies and objectives.
- Proven ability to effectively manage small teams with dynamically changing requirements and priorities.
- Must have experience overseeing the full life-cycle of proposal development, including planning, scheduling, and managing competitive proposals, with end-to-end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes, while serving as a writer, editor, and/or reviewer as required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills to include taking direction from management, strong grammar and writing skills, including proofreading.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and can work under tight deadlines with flexibility to work on weekends to meet deadlines.
- Experience managing structured proposal processes and procedures.
- Must be a self-starter and possess ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery. Experience with defined business development processes required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Working knowledge of common graphic design packages (e.g., Visio, Publisher); other graphics programs a plus (e.g., Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Oracle, Illustrator), desktop publishing.