Venesco LLC is looking for a Patent Attorney to work at Fort Detrick, MD. The Patent Attorney will provide patent related support services including patent legal office management consultation, invention and patent law consultation, research and preparation of reports and analyses on various intellectual property and management related topics.
Pursuant to the Federal Technology Transfer Act (FTTA), USAMRDC has a significant program in patenting and licensing inventions with commercial potential. USAMRDC is composed of various major subordinate commands each specializing in technologies associated with its mission. The USAMRDC laboratories and research and development centers work with diverse technologies including the entire breadth of biomedical and chemical research. It is expected that USAMRDC will receive about 40 new invention disclosures each year, will file about 30 non-provisional patent applications each year and that invention disclosures will come from these laboratories and MEDCOM hospitals
The USAMRDC OSJA and clinics works closely with the USAMRDC Office of Research and Technology Applications (ORTA). The ORTA assists the USAMRDC laboratories and MEDCOM organizations in all areas of technology transfer, including but not limited to regulation and policy interpretation, Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs), nondisclosure agreements, technology assessments, marketing and licensing inventions, training and education, and professional development.
The USAMRDC is composed of various major subordinate commands each specializing in technologies associated with its mission. The USAMRDC laboratories and research and development centers work with diverse technologies including the entire breadth of biomedical and chemical research. The USAMRDC mission includes basic, applied and advanced development for medical solutions regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including, but not limited to medical devices, drugs, vaccines, blood products, regenerative medicine therapies, human tissues and dietary supplements. It is expected that the USAMRDC assets will file 75-80 FDA regulatory applications in a given year (investigational new drug applications, 510(k)s, new drug applications, biologics license applications, pre-market approval applications, etc.)
- Patent legal office management consultation and resource
- Invention and patent consultation and resource
- Intellectual property research and reporting
- Provides training regarding intellectual property process to scientists and in-house staff
- Search for and evaluate relevant scientific and technical publications and patents
- Domestic Provisional Patent Application Preparation
- Patentability Report.
- Maryland State Bar Certified and Licensed Attorney
- USPTO Patent Bar Certified
- Must be specialized in the specific areas of science: life science and technology (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering)
- Experience in working with Department of Defense US Army
- Familiar with the Bayh-Dole Act, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 27, and the Federal Technology Transfer Act (FTTA).
- BS, MS, and/or PhD degree in Science (or related field)
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) from an Accredited Law School
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at email@example.com.