Venesco LLC, is currently hiring for a Project Manager in support of our VSJV contract in Washington, DC. Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If so, apply today to be considered!
The Project Manager (TPM) coordinates a wide-variety of IT projects that may involve interrelated disciplines as identified by the portfolio of NASA IT projects. The Project Manager will provide project management services for IT services or products that support the agency’s information technology system. The Project Manager will bring increased efficiency in the delivery of all projects and services and in turn, enhanced client satisfaction.
· Lead and manage project teams to deliver professional services projects for our NASA customer.
· Collaborate with senior leaders, senior technical leaders, system engineers, and fellow program managers to help develop a strategic vision and goal for the portfolio of NASA IT projects.
· Partners with stakeholders to define project objectives, scope, and schedule. Establishes project plan through milestones, level of effort, and success criteria.
· Lead the development, implementation, and execution of multiple project plans; ensures scope and schedule are established and met; defines project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks in order to effectively and efficiently deliver projects according to plan.
· Plan, execute and finalize solutions related to new and existing products, modules and services.
· Build and maintains milestone-based project road maps.
· Leads project meetings, activities, tasks, and manages technical project team members to ensure project objectives are achieved within prescribed time frame. Partner with technical leads to assess project risks and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction levels.
· Demonstrates an ability to understand and effectively communicate business and technical objectives and issues as they relate to project.
· Identify, develop mitigation strategies, and communication of risk
· Manages the customer relationship throughout the duration of the project.
· Responsible for project planning, developing requirements documents, scheduling, developing technical product specifications, and actively engaging other members of the Technology team.
· Recommends changes to the project (utilizing the project’s Change Control process) consistent with achieving broader goals.
· Develop and implement plans in cooperation with development and infrastructure teams ensuring that key features are tested and that projects certified to be ready for production
· Work closely with infrastructure team members; leading them to a successful project deliverable by working together on project features and prioritization of change requests.
· Prepare presentations, Analysis of Alternatives, Product evaluations and white papers that are presented to the NASA HQ Project Management Review Board
Required Software Experience:
· Background in software development, integration, and implementation
· Experience with Agile software development methodologies and best practices
· Familiar with Agile values, principles, processes, and methods such as iterative and incremental development, continuous integration, test-driven development (TDD), unit testing, code refactoring, pair programming, and Scrum ceremonies.
· Understanding of product life-cycles and the ability to manage execution of project plans against key milestones; and experience managing complex IT projects
· Project Management Professional (PMP) in good standing
· ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation
· Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in technical project management.
Any information regarding the history of this role and client:
· Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small technical audiences.
Job Type: Full-time
Please contact Rachel Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org