Venesco has an opening for a mission critical NASA HITSS IT Project Manager in a center of excellence environment at NASA HQ in Washington, DC. This is a complex IT and professional services IDIQ task order contract at NASA Headquarters supporting the OCIO and its Information Technology and Communications Division with a budget of up to $250 million. Included in the responsibilities are multiple task orders supporting NASA Mission Directorates, Agency Offices, and HQ Operations.
Your ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders will be critical to the success of this program. Stakeholders include ITCD staff and management, Mission Directorates of the OCIO, other NASA Centers, and other service providers such as the Agency’s strategic sourcing contractors which depend on services performed under this contract.
Highly skilled IT and service professionals support NASA in strategic planning to include identification of changes in the technical and business landscape, anticipation of potential risks, and smooth and timely mitigation of issues. Through support and collaboration, our team is respected as a ‘trusted business partner’.
As IT PM, you will assist in the overall contract execution and consistent delivery of services to meet customer expectations, quality standards, technical requirements, and schedule.
- Assist with running complex programs and projects – from design and development through production and deployment.
- Assist with the creation of strategies for contingency planning and risk mitigation.
- Plans and schedules project goals, milestones, and deliverables.
- Defines requirements and plans the project lifecycle deployment.
- Defines resources and schedule for project and program implementation.
- Identifies and solves project issues effectively.
- Oversees and directs the team ad managing conflicts within the different groups.
- Develops RFP (Request for Proposals) for external services.
- Performs team assessments and evaluations.
- Define requirements for project risks.
- Maintains project documentation.
- Serves as a liaison between team members and functional area management.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining Integrated Master Schedules and applying Earned Value Management techniques.
- IT Project Management Experience
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- 5 -8 years as a Project Manager
- Previous NASA experience preferred
- BS/BA or Equivalent
- Project Management Professional Certification
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at email@example.com.