Venesco LLC is looking for MFLC Counselors to support Jefferson Barracks Air Guard Station in Lemay, MO.
MFLC Counselors provide non-medical counseling services to military service members and their families. Non-medical counseling is supportive in nature and addresses: living conditions; life skills; improving relationships at home and at work; stress management; adjustment issues, such as those related to returning from deployment; marital problems; parenting, fear, grief and loss.
Counseling modalities consist of individual, family, couples and groups. MFLC may be based out of an installation’s family center, a National Guard and Reserve Joint Force HQ or other facilities and will provide proactive outreach to service members and their families via walk-around counseling.
- Provides face-to-face non-medical counseling to military service members and their families.
- Makes appropriate referrals and handoffs to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials.
- Advises on new or revised presentations by military leadership, when requested.
- Provides tracking of services performed and referrals made using the appropriate reporting system.
- Communicates information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to supervisors.
- Participates in regular in-service training, quality improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
- May participate in surge and on demand events.
- A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions ( MS/MSW/MA)
- Minimum 3 years of post-master’s supervised clinical experience
- Clinical licensure at the independent practice level (LCSW, LMFT, LPC LCPC, LMHC)
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a NACI level government security clearance
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with the military culture
- Bilingual capabilities
Clearance Level Required: NACI
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
Full time position.