Venesco has an opening for a Junior Engineer to join our team on the NASA HITSS IT contract at NASA HQ in Washington, DC. The junior engineer will be someone who can assist the engineering team and improve their current skillset. This person should have a variety of skills that can be matured into a more specific skillset as their experience increases. We have many tools that can be supported by this role.
This is a complex IT and professional services IDIQ task order contract at NASA Headquarters supporting the OCIO and its Information Technology and Communications Division. Stakeholders include ITCD staff and management, Mission Directorates of the OCIO, other NASA Centers, and other service providers such as the Agency’s strategic sourcing contractors which depend on services performed under this contract.
Highly skilled IT and service professionals support NASA in strategic planning to include identification of changes in the technical and business landscape, anticipation of potential risks, and smooth and timely mitigation of issues. Through support and collaboration, our team is respected as a ‘trusted business partner’.
- Become familiar with the ITCD Cloud ecosystem and provide support as needed.
- Be a team player who is willing to learn new technologies and contribute to the development of the ITCD cloud environment and applications
- Work with senior engineers to document and update standard operating procedures
- Support the Systems Engineering team as needed with the installation and architecture of current and new applications
- Knowledge of an SDLC (agile, waterfall, etc.)
- Application installs in a virtual environment
- Application troubleshooting from an infrastructure perspective
- Basic database skills
- Basic knowledge of AWS or Azure Cloud
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Linux administration
- Basic knowledge of containers
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.