Venesco has an opening for a mission critical NASA HITSS IT Security Analyst in a center of excellence environment at NASA HQ in Washington, DC. In this role you will monitor systems, identify potential threats, and recommend corrections and improvements.
Highly skilled IT and service professionals support NASA in strategic planning to include identification of changes in the technical and business landscape, anticipation of potential risks, and smooth and timely mitigation of issues. Through support and collaboration, our team is respected as a ‘trusted business partner’.
- Monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to protect data systems, databases, and network systems from unauthorized users.
- Identify potential threats and responds to reported security violations. Determines causes of security violations and recommends corrective actions.
- Research, recommend, and implement changes to procedures and systems to enhance security.
- Assist in communicating security procedures to users.
- Establish and satisfies system- wide information security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands. ·
- Apply expertise to Government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures. Examples could include classified intelligence and command and control-related networks.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- 8-10 year of relevant experience
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.