Venesco LLC has an opening for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) on site at NASA Headquarters. In this role, your primary duty will be to work with the system owner to protect the IT infrastructure of our organization and agency and maintain the appropriate operational security posture for an information system or program. The ISSO will support the development of system security plans for Systems Engineering and Services Support for Cloud Services. The candidate will need to be able to support at levels equivalent to enterprise services across an Agency as well as local at a Center location such as Headquarters. The candidate will also need to monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to protect data systems, databases, and networks from unauthorized usage.
The ISSO will research, recommend, implement, maintain, and sustain the security controls of a systems in times where environments technological growth is exponential. The candidate will assist in communicating security procedures to users as well as establish and satisfy system-wide information security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory and resource demands.
They will need to apply and demonstrate expertise to Government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
This support will include:
- Principal advisor to the Information System Owner (ISO) on all matters involving the security of an information system.
- Create and maintain System Security Plans.
- Collectively support, in conjunction with the ISO, the implementation activities required to maintain security controls in accordance with the Security Plan (SP), Agency policies and best practices
- Provide guidance, oversight, and expertise, but will also develop and maintain Systems Engineering and Cloud security artifacts including documents, procedures, work instructions as requested, but will not actually implement any security controls.
- Coordinate, facilitate, or otherwise ensure activities and tasks are being performed. This will require the ISSO to build and maintain positive relationships with the ISO, technical staff, and other stakeholders. · Support the ISOs to ensure security requirements are met and the risks and consequences of not meeting the security requirements.
- Assist the ISO operate the system as securely as possible to fulfill mission requirements.
- Serve as the Information System Owner primary source of information and resources
- Work directly with the ISO. ISSOs will maintain constant and consistent communications with the ISOs.
- BS/BA or equivalent
- 5-8 years equivalent work in this area
- a NASA information system is preferred but not required.
- serving as an ISSO for a Cloud System (e.g. AWS and/or Azure)
- writing System Security Plans (SSP)
- reviewing FedRAMP SSPs
- writing an SSP for a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution
- responding to, evaluating, ranking, and maintaining risk-based decisions (RBDs) and to recommend the risk management action to take in response
- write and follow the Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAM) and work with the system owner to provide a schedule to support meeting the associated tasks and deliverables
- Review controls for systems as required
Be familiar with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- as it pertains to cloud computing paradigm and its usage specifically for cloud adopters.
- Cybersecurity framework to better manage and reduce cybersecurity risks
- Ability to research and apply information to ensure best practices for reliable and sustainable security controls
- Expert ability to identify and fix security risks
- Able to work well independently, proactive and as a team player · Ability to excel with conflict resolution qualities
- Able to work well independently, proactive and as a team player
Proven and demonstrated expert skills in the following areas of support:
- Technical Leadership
- Problem solving
- Verbal and written communication
To Apply: please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.