Venesco LLC is looking for a Graphics, Media, and Video Specialist to support the 711th Human Performance Wing (711 HPW), headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. In this role you will create, design and produce graphics, audio, video, photography, and other multi-media content, as well as provide consultation to subject-matter experts and/or an instructional designers to convey a specific message for e-learning packages. Additionally, you will assist with the inventory, installation, and ordering of audio visual equipment. Your experience producing and editing video material will be valued.
The 711th is the first human-centric warfare wing to consolidate human performance research, education and consultation under a single organization. Established under the Air Force Research Laboratory, the 711 HPW is comprised of the Airman Systems Directorate (RH), the United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM) and the Human Systems Integration Directorate (HP). The Wing delivers unparalleled capability to the Air Force through a combination of world class infrastructure and expertise of its diverse workforce of military, civilian and contractor personnel encompassing 75 occupational specialties including science and engineering, occupational health and safety, medical professions, technicians, educators, and business operations and support.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the inventory and maintenance of audio visual/computer related equipment as directed by the Government representative.
- Assist the installment of new audio visual/computer equipment in the various buildings, classrooms, and auditoriums, as directed by the Government representative.
- Contractor shall assist with the ordering, storing, coding/entering inventory into database, and disposing of all audio visual/computer related equipment as directed by the Government representative.
- The contractor shall provide audio visual consultation to instructors, leaders and staff including demonstrating and teaching the use of classroom equipment.
- The contractor shall assist subject-matter experts and/or an instructional designers to convey a specific message to a targeted audience through a visual medium by building quality graphics for online learning products, including computer-based training courses, classroom technical inserts, and stand-alone training products such as video or audio-based instruction. The contractor will provide consultative support to subject-matter experts and/or instructional designers desiring to develop their own graphics/content
- The contractor shall create, design and produce graphics, audio, video, photography, and other multi-media content, as well as provide consultation to subject-matter experts and/or an instructional designers using traditional tools and equipment as well as specialty equipment and software in support of USAFSAM courseware and course materials.
- The contractor shall work in collaboration with subject matter experts and production staff to produce a variety of video products for satellite broadcasting, DVD distribution, webcasting, and video streaming; plan assigned studio productions; oversee operation of multi-camera studio; operate video switching and digital video effects equipment, edit controllers, cameras, hard disk video recorders, video distribution switchers, and audio mixers; adjusts studio lighting equipment including fixed and portable lights; adjusts audio equipment including assorted microphones; works with subject matter experts to prepare footage for inclusion in live productions; provide troubleshooting of video, audio, and lighting equipment; perform routine equipment maintenance; make recommendations to department for software and equipment purchases
- The contractor shall assist in the coordination of pre-production and production planning activities; conduct field-based video production which involves interacting with subject matter experts and operating all portable video and audio equipment; transport and set up lighting and audio equipment as required; provide limited troubleshooting and maintenance of field production equipment.
- The contractor shall plan and perform video post-production tasks which include reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, tape logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing using; utilize computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concepts; compress video projects for output; make video products available in a variety of formats; coordinate internal and external duplication services as required.
- The contractor shall participate in, and support other projects within skill sets; project may include writing continuity documents, attending or presenting at local eLearning symposiums, defining capabilities for potential customers, collaborating with local colleges or multi-service partners, and supporting other USAFSAM special projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Media, Video Broadcast, or a related field, and/or at least 5 years of Audio Visual Technology experience
- Broadcast production experience with progressive responsibility in a professional video edit/production environment demonstrating competency in all areas of video production desired
- Experience developing e-learning packages for distribution on learning management systems
- Must be proficient with Adobe programs including Premier Pro, Audition, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Captivate; proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have ability to manage projects independently and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to work through problems quickly and independently
- Prior work experience in a Governmental environment is desired
- Proficient with Film Theory; educational theory a plus
- Broadcast experience
- Tricaster® experience
- Experience with 3D graphic software
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
Full time. For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org