We are currently seeking an Editor – Technical Publications to join our team in support of our NASA Headquarters Communications Support Services Center in Washington, D.C. This position is currently virtual but will eventually be onsite at NASA Headquarters.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Copy edit reports, newsletters, books, certificates, awards, web pages, PowerPoint presentations, flyers, brochures, posters, handouts, exhibits, info graphics, and office signs.
- Evaluate contents and edit for clarity and accuracy and excellent grammar usage.
- Review graphics to ensure that NASA branding conforms to the NASA branding style guide.
- Verify NASA historic facts as needed.
- Verify terms, sources, and URLs.
- Manage editing project schedules, processing of edits, and rounds of proofs with authors and designers.
- Communicate well with colleagues—editors, designers, print specialists, supervisor, and managers. Provide feedback to the designer assigned to the project to resolve any issues or errors within the design layout.
- Remain flexible under deadline pressures.
- High productivity evidenced in ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style, GPO (Government Publishing Office) Style Manual and Associated Press Stylebook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to meet demands imposed by being part of a shared staff.
- Flexibility and creativity to meet the needs of NASA customers and NASA graphic and printing team.
- Ability to multi-task in editing various of NASA print, graphic, and web products.
- Knowledge of and ability to edit contents in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word.
- Applicants may be required to take a brief performance test.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of prior editorial experience in a printing and graphic environment.
- Familiarity with desktop publishing.
- Ability to perform both online and print editorial processes and solve editorial problems rapidly.
- Superior organization and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment and also be self-directed and proactive.
- Experienced with working on a Mac.
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.