Location: Falls Church, VA
Hours: Full Time
Clearance level for position: Must have an active favorable Tier I (NACI).
Provide a mid-level and a senior level cost analyst in support of AFMS AFMRA/SG3Q at DHHQ, Falls Church, VA. The contractor shall provide cost life cycle management expertise in support of program requirements managers, project planning activities and deliberate planning process at an enterprise level. The contractor shall perform the following duties:
- Provide day-to-day operational analysis support to include responding to urgent and short-notice taskers and attending and participating in the meetings, IPTs, HPTs, internal/external strategy meetings, including SGROC.
- Prepare cost estimates in support of AFMS medical modernization portfolio and/or acquisition programs. Provide cost analysis support in the areas of IM/IT, Defense Acquisition, Science & Technology, Research and Development Investment Strategy, and Medical Readiness. Perform alternative and affordability analysis to include excursions and sensitivity analysis using historical performance models, cost models and program metrics.
- Assess cost and budget impacts of program alternatives, prepare briefings in accordance with the established guidelines, and expertly present the information to the senior leadership
- Conduct cost analyses in support of the following analyses: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Business Case Analysis (BCA), Life Cycle Cost (LCC), Cost as an Independent Variable (CAIV), Cost benefit/cost risk analyses, affordability/supportability analysis, Market Research analysis, commercial off the shelf product evaluation and analysis, Earned Value Management, AoA, Return on Investment (ROI) analysis and Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates.
- Conduct interviews, research, data analysis, and translate technical/programmatic language into cohesive written documents and presentations.
- Assist senior government staff in the development of acquisition strategies, analyses, plans and documents.
- Respond to queries, prepare reports, justifications and background papers as applicable to the cost analyst duties.
- provide project status progress updates weekly to the COR or leadership, unless individuals are on travel or otherwise out of the office.
Required technology experience:
Proficient in MS Office applications and MS Project Software
- -must have eight (8) years’ experience in the financial analysis and competency in the two or more of following analyses: ROI, ROM, WBS, BCA, LCC, CAIV, AoA, cost benefit/cost risk analysis, affordability/supportability analysis.
Any information regarding the history of this role and client:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently, and as a team member; ability to establish a network of contacts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience briefing senior leaders and the ability to interface with all levels of personnel; experience writing technical documentation, operating instructions, policy memorandums, concept of operations or capabilities development documents.
- Must demonstrate the ability to meet the requirements of this PWS section 3.1.6 without further training, except for familiarization of policies and procedures that govern the Air Force Medical Service.
- Prior cost analysis experience in support of DoD acquisition programs preferred.