Venesco is looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented Cloud Security Engineer to support NASA Headquarters’ on-premise and cloud operations program. This self-starter will be working within the Headquarters’ Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and will actively participate as a leader in a broad range of Center-level information and cybersecurity operations and communications tasks in support of a comprehensive IT program.
The Cloud Security Engineer will join an existing team of government and contractor professionals who are committed to: exceeding the expectations of their customer, supporting the success of the team, supporting the NASA missions, adding value for the taxpayer, and actively engaged in educating themselves about the dynamic and evolving cybersecurity arena.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide cybersecurity and Information Systems Security Official (ISSO) support for cloud services and platforms, as well as for on-premise solutions, include Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and in the future, potentially other cloud service providers such as Google, and IBM.
- Provide leadership, management, direction, or development and advocacy so that the organization may effectively conduct Information Technology operations in a secure manner.
- Ensure cybersecurity and privacy best practices are integrated in a system, or as part of a platform’s development (both in documentation and operations), throughout the system or platform’s lifecycle – from inception, to operations, through to decommissioning
- Oversee, evaluate, and support the documentation, validation, assessment, and authorization processes necessary to ensure that existing and new information technology (IT) systems meet the organization’s cybersecurity and risk requirements. Ensure appropriate treatment of risk, compliance, and assurance from internal and external perspectives.
- Oversee and be responsible for the cybersecurity components of an information system or cloud platform, including managing cybersecurity and data security implications within the system or cloud platform, and other areas of responsibility, including infrastructure compliance, policy enforcement, emergency planning, security awareness, etc.
- Study the organization’s current computer systems and procedures, and design information systems solutions to help the organization operate more securely, efficiently, and effectively.
- Bring management, operations, and compliance teams together by understanding the needs and limitations of all, and design plans and operating procedures to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Ensure that plans of actions and milestones or remediation plans are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements — specifically Prepare, Categorize, Select, Implement, Assess, and Monitor.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles and best practices, including laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to secure operations of cloud and on-premise information systems and platforms.
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
- Skilled in conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in both traditional on-premise and cloud-based information systems.
- Skill in determining how a cloud security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes.
- Skill in management of customer and stakeholder relationships, including determining needs/requirements, managing expectations, and demonstrating commitment to delivering quality results.
- Skill in development of System Security Plans (SSP) from inception, as well as through the operations and maintenance phase, to include upkeep of SSPs for operational and legacy system.
- Skill in determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes.
- Ability to identify critical infrastructure systems with information communication technology that were designed without system security considerations.
- BS/BA in technical field, or equivalent.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in cloud security.
- CISSP — Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and/or Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals
- 2+ years creating new and porting existing services in AWS.
- AWS container build and operations experience.
- Experience integrating new applications/services into Azure/Microsoft AD environments.
- Windows Server 2016/2019 configuration and deployment with Azure/AD.
- Red Hat Linux and Amazon Linux server configuration and deployment.
- Familiarity with NIST Risk Management Framework lifecycle and controls.
- Agile practitioner-level certification.
Venesco LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Venesco is committed to administering all employment and personnel actions on the basis of merit and free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Consistent with this commitment, we are dedicated to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
For questions or to submit your résumé, please contact us at email@example.com.