The Cellular End User Device Software Engineer supports the U.S. Army Medical Research and Execution Management Agency and the Telemedicine & Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC) at Fort Detrick, Maryland.
- SECRET security clearance
Software Development, Planning and Implementation
- Assist the Government by providing expert knowledge for development of research proposals, planning of research study designs, development and implementation of software components to meet research objectives, evaluation of research software components, and analysis of software components of research studies to include:
- Analyze Government Research Objectives and provide software designs for both mobile devices and Personal Computers (PC) software components to meet Government Research Objectives.
- Provide Software Engineering services to develop Government-owned software components from Government approved software designs for both mobile devices and PC. Software Engineering Services included software development, testing, and quality assurance processes to address software flaws.
- Conduct Software Code and Technical Reviews to inform the Government of the software architecture, code structure, and application usability features for software components, and to demonstrate that software applications met the Government’s Research Objectives.
- Create, develop and support execution of developmental test plans and research evaluations for the technical, functional and usability evaluation of software components in support of the Government’s research objectives.
- Identify potential Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) topics that are relevant to TATRC’s mission.
- Assist in the creation, development and execution test plans for evaluation exercises that TATRC participates in, i.e. Communication-Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC) Ground Activity exercise
Software Development Plans
- Develop Software Development Plans utilizing state-of-the-art software technologies, documenting processes and standards in accordance with DI-IPSC-81427, Software Development Plan and industry best practices to ensure quality and minimize software development risk.
- Generate Design Documentation, including the Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams, functional design documents, test plans, entity-relationship diagrams, data flow diagrams, deployment diagrams and user acceptance standards.
Software Integration – Software Applications
- Integrate software applications, arising from Government research objectives, with various Android, Linux, and Microsoft Windows Operating System (OS) devices including those supported by the Army Program Manager (PM) Soldier NettWarrior Futures Division and the Army PM Medical Communications for Combat Casualty Care.
Software Integration – Medical Applications
- Integrate software medical applications with the legacy and future DoD Program of Record EHR and other medical systems as directed by the government, allowing for the transmission of information from research software components through the use of the appropriate government-specified data formats.
Internet Protocol (IP)
- Integrate medical applications with Internet Protocol (IP) based communication devices to enable transmission of medical information between source and destination systems.
- Examples of IP-based communication devices include: 4G Cellular systems and data capable tactical radios systems running various versions of the Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) software defined radio wave forms (e.g. Soldier Radio Waveform, Wideband Network Waveform, Advanced Network Wideband Waveform).
- Provide software engineering support to the execution of Government-led Risk Management Framework processes to achieve the appropriate cyber-security approval to operate the software components of research projects on the classified network, unclassified network, or both as specified by the Government for each research project.
- This software engineer support shall include development and implementation of software engineering changes to remediate vulnerabilities in Government development applications that support TATRC research objectives.
Reporting and Briefing
- Develop, plan, report and conduct briefings detailing recommendations and information for technical and management reports for software capabilities of interest to the government to meet research objectives.
Identification of Beneficial Software
- The Contractor shall evaluate and integrate 3rd party advanced software applications as identified by the Government during pursuit of research projects and research objectives.
Deployment – Operational Telemedicine Exercises, Projects and Events
- Provide technical support for developed software to Operational Telemedicine (OPTMED) exercises, projects and events, going on Temporary Duty (TDY) for extended periods of time, usually not to exceed 30 days. Most exercises take place in CONUS, and contractors will be housed in local hotels.
- This task will require contractor to drive a Government sedan/van/pickup in addition to a Government High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV)
Extramural Project Code Review Reports – Deliverable 11
- Conduct Extramural Project Code Reviews. Results of review will be provided in Extramural Project Code Review Reports
Software Engineering – Database Management System
- Provide software engineering services for relational and non-relational database management systems on a variety of operations systems to include Android OS, iOS, Linux, Windows 7, and Windows 10 for integration and evaluation of Government research objectives.
Design Methodologies and Programming Principles
- Utilize object-oriented design methodologies and programming principles with object-oriented software development environments to enhance future re-utilization of government software developed under this contract.
- Any software that is not developed using object-oriented design methodologies will require approval from the government prior to any development effort.
- Perform software engineering work in a variety of database and development environments.
- The database environments include Oracle, MS SQL, and MySQL.
- The development environments include Mobile domain with Java, Android SDK, Eclipse, Android Debugger, SQL, and Microsoft Visual Studio