Venesco, LLC – Fort Benning, GA
Venesco LLC is looking for an experienced Athletic Trainer to work at the Military Treatment Facility (MTF) Physical Therapy Clinic at Fort Benning, Georgia.
Since recruits in Basic Combat Training (BCT) have the highest incidence of musculoskeletal injuries of any subgroup in the US Army, it not only affects Soldier preparation, but also results in medical attrition which reduces military manpower. The Athletic Trainer will provide excellent musculoskeletal care to the trainees.
- Provide musculoskeletal injury care, injury prevention (IP) and Human Performance Optimization (HPO) functions, as well as, limited patient care.
- Assist in patient flow as needed and will assume other patient care duties as appropriate.
- Identifies rehab precautions, contraindications in common diagnoses. Perform athletic training triage evaluations for patients with acute injuries.
- Organize and conduct medically prescribed sports rehabilitation and conditioning programs following an injury and be responsible for appropriate organization and implementation of athletic insurance claim paperwork and follow-up as necessary.
- Perform duties under the appropriate clinical supervision of a government Physical Therapist (PT) with physician oversight as required by HCP licensing regulations.
- Obtains all pertinent information from the patient chart prior to initial evaluation, including significant past medical history, present medical surgical interventions.
- Consults with physicians, other caregivers and staff for further clarification as needed.
- Demonstrates technical skill and accuracy in performing evaluation procedures on various diagnoses.
- Seeks consultation from higher level staff members, as needed, when performing in more complex situations.
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training (or similar field).
- 3+ years of post-graduate assistant employment.
- 1+ year experience working with the military OR1+ year of experience with a collegiate or professional sports team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and Experience working independently in an unsupervised environment.
- Possess National Athletic Trainer Association (NATA) Board of Certification credentials for Certified ATCs.
- Possess Basic Life Support (BLS) with Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Basic knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and efficiently utilize an Electronic Medical Record.
- Ability to gain a CAC card or National Provider Identifier (NPI).
Job Type: Full-time
- Athletic Training experience: 3 years