Venesco LLC is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to work on our potential contract with the United States Marshal Service (USMS) in Atlanta, GA, Washington DC, and/or Orlando FL.
Position Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, USMS
Position Ref: VEN-USMS-AA-L1-225
Venesco is seeking an Administrative Assistant in support of a potential contract with the United States Marshals Service (USMS). The position will support management and other staff members in all office activities and operations as assigned. The individual will provide administrative and clerical services in accordance with office needs and program requirements. The Administrative Assistant must have good work ethics and interpersonal skills. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a variety of basic clerical tasks, office automation assignments, and administrative assistance in support of their working group.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as receptionist, greeting, assisting, and directing visitors.
- Receives telephone calls and provide accurate, timely messages to staff.
- Prepares, types, faxes, files, copies, print, mails, scans and e-mails information.
- Reviews and analyzes documents submitted for completeness and accuracy.
- Works in groups/teams on special projects to accomplish program goals.
- Communicates via telephone, lync and/or e-mail with high-level officials throughout the agency and District offices, as well as other contract affiliates.
- Assist with the ordering of supplies.
- Schedules appointments and maintain files.
- Handles program related correspondence and materials, ensuring accuracy and using appropriate discretion when handling such documents.
- Maintains chronological and program related files.
- Schedules appointments. Maintains office conference room reservations.
- Produces correspondence of a minor administrative nature in support of program activities.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal employees as well as outside sources.
- Attention to detail.
- Communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Active Security clearance is a plus but not required for this position.
About Venesco, LLC:
Based in Chantilly, VA, Venesco, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity employer–M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regarding to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.
For questions or to submit your cover letter/résumé, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.