Venesco LLC is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to work with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, GA.
- Provide administrative assistance, supporting 300 staff, from four different Division of Global Health Protection (DGHP) offices and their Deputy Director.
- Coordinate administrative support services in travel, personnel, purchase requests, time and attendance, and facility management, to include providing training to other contractor administrative staff.
- Obtain use of services, supplies, or equipment for the office.
- Coordinate, for the entire DGHP, all International and Domestic travel, and Gov-Trip system, including coordination and completion of all of the Division’s travel related data-calls.
- Perform as the Division Alternate Federal Agency Travel Administrator (FATA).
- Coordinate travel requests and prepare travel orders, vouchers and all related paperwork on the CDC CONCUR (CGE) automated system for DGHP staff.
- Perform as a point of contact for scheduling meetings for conference rooms.
- Schedule appointments, coordinate meetings, and schedule conferences.
- Attend meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Establish, use, and maintain systems for follow up on action items.
- Maintain calendars for Principal Deputy Director and Assistant Deputy Director for Science and Program Assistant, which includes scheduling appointments, remind manager of meetings and provide briefs on the subject matter prior to the meeting.
- Take notes for meetings and transcribe for all staff members.
- Receive, refer and contact members of staff, agency, and persons outside the agency, including high level contacts with visitors and callers from within and outside CDC.
- Assess administrative processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare and route purchase request (PRs) according to program needs and track status of PRs submitted.
- Conduct backup and interim support for administrative and support functions such as property, inventory and orienting new staff to procedures critical to the daily functioning of the division.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills while performing services as outlined herein.
- Exhibit the ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities while performing services as outlined herein.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in an administrative assistant capacity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
About Venesco, LLC:
Based in Chantilly, VA, Venesco, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity employer–M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regarding to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.
For questions or to submit your cover letter/résumé, please contact us at email@example.com.