Venesco LLC is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to work with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, GA.
- Perform as liaison between the Branch Chief, Deputy Branch Chief, and individuals in the immediate office and/or CIO offices, the general public and other offices.
- Receive and ascertain nature of telephone calls and refer callers and visitors to proper party; take and deliver messages; provide information about the office, its functions and standard operating procedures as well as routing or procedural information.
- Provide as-needed briefings on formal and informal inquiries and provide backup materials.
- Prepare and track FTE staffing spreadsheet for the Branch.
- Enter training requests for the Branch OD FTEs.
- Enter facility requests to include engineering requests, telephone/voicemail set-up, and computer set-up.
- Process and escort visitors through the Visitor Management System.
- Perform as point of contact for Branch.
- Maintain records on controlled documents in accordance with Office procedures for administrative controls and follow up on work in progress to ensure timely reply or action.
- Arrange meetings and workshops, prepare agendas and all other associated administrative functions.
- Communicate with CDC staff, regional offices and other federal and state/local government agencies to gather data needed for meetings and workshops.
- Communicate with colleagues, Branch management and other contacts outside the Branch to gather information about DGHP related processes and programs.
- Draft reports, letters or other documents in a timely fashion and proper format.
- Track controlled correspondence, requests from grantees and other time critical correspondence and ensures that responses are prepared in a timely fashion and in the appropriate format.
- Maintain appointment calendar, independently schedules appointments and send reminders of meetings for the Branch Chief and Deputy Branch Chief.
- Assemble and review administrative data.
- Schedule the Branch Chief and Deputy Branch Chief calendars, reserving conference rooms for Branch staff via CDC’s Intranet for meetings, receptions, etc., and request equipment as needed, such as Envisions, Power Point presentations, computers and/or laptops, etc.
- Schedule and attend staff meetings. Send reminder email to the staff of meeting locations and agendas.
- Provide updates on current or completed projects as required at staff or branch meetings.
- Input domestic travel orders and vouchers for Branch staff.
- Prepare travel folders for branch and management staff.
- Submit international travel requests for the Branch Chief and Deputy Branch Chief.
- Provide information on travel orders from OD inquiries.
- Perform timekeeping clerk duties for the Branch.
- Update weekly staff meetings, presentations, and high profile officials’ signature records.
- Order supplies for Branch.
- Analyze administrative problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions.
- Plan and organize work while performing services as outlined herein.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills while performing services as outlined herein.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ years’ experience in an administrative assistant capacity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
About Venesco, LLC:
Based in Chantilly, VA, Venesco, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity employer–M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regarding to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.
For questions or to submit your cover letter/résumé, please contact us at email@example.com.